OVIPanel is having a unique feature named Varnish Cache which is very fast and will increase the speed of a website hosting and reduce the load on the VPS server. The web server will receive HTTP requests and returns HTTP responses immediately but there is some situation like thousands of request and response, lots of scripts need to be loaded, compiling and executing all the codes in a short period of time is very difficult, it may result in additional work, such as performing expensive database queries and retrieving more files from disk in such case Varnish Cache plays important role in overcoming all these problems. The request will be received by the Varnish instead of a Web server. Later Varnish will look at what's being requested and forward the request to the Web server. The back-end server does its regular work and returns a response back to the Varnish, which in turn gives the response back to the client.
Varnish can store responses from the back end in its cache for future use. Varnish will quickly serve the next response directly from its cache without placing any needless load on the back-end server. This will result in load reduction on the back end, response times will get improve, and more requests can be served per second. One of best the things that make Varnish so fast is that it keeps its cache completely in memory instead of on disk. Varnish is very important in SEO aspects it will increase your site ranking and bring more traffics to your site.But you need to remember one thing that if you do any changes under your coding level it will take some time to get into the notice.
Benefits of using Varnish Cache on Linux VPS Hosting
1. Website loading performance will be good.
2. If your server fails, Varnish Cache continues to serve the cached content.
3. Varnish helps in the real-time monitoring of your content. You can even manage and monitor and fetch seconds of data statistics.
4. It can handle thousands of requests and gives back the response immediately.
5. Varnish helps in the reverse proxying means if it receives a request for content from a user which is yet to be cached, it will reach out to the customer’s origin server and then fetch the necessary item which is requested. And then it will send the necessary data back to the user who has requested it.
Steps to Enable varnish cache and to Configure:
Step1: Select ON to enable varnish cache and Click on submit.
Step2: Already it is configured with default values if you want to do any changes enter the appropriate interval, timeout, window, threshold details and click on submit.