Addon domain is a secondary domain which can be found within primary domain account in OVIPanel. The functionality of an addon domain name is it allows you to essentially create additional hosting services, websites, within the same OVIPanel as your primary domain. This means you can create multiple websites, email addresses and email forwarders under a single OVIPanel but on separate domain names without having to pay additional monthly fees for multiple web hosting accounts.
Advantage of using Addon Domains:
1. When you add an addon domain to a hosting account, you are saving money because you don’t need to sign up for another web hosting account. The same web hosting package you have can host more websites depending on what it limits you to. Actually, this is the biggest advantage of using addon domains.
2. This is useful if you operate, or plan on creating, more than 1 website that only has minimal traffic and may not require an entire web hosting service to itself.
3. This provides not only a great platform for the hosting of multiple websites but also saves you a small fortune along the way.
4. All addon domains share the resources applicable to the primary domain name.
5. To gain the SEO benefits, several sites can be easily promoted from the single hosting account using full benefits of different sets of keywords.
Check out the steps to create Addon Domain in HR Panel:
Step-1: Log in to the HR panel
Step-2 Navigate to the Domains section
Step-3: And then click on the Addon Domains
Step-4: then Create the new domain
Step-5: Now you need to enter the Domain name and the Home directory. And in here you can create your own Home directory or if you have any existing directory you can give the file name of that directory in "Use existing home directory" option.
Step-6: Next, you need to choose the Home directory as per your requirements, If you want to have a new directory then you can click on the Create a new home directory option or can also use an existing home directory for your new add-on domain name.
You can even use Manual Config where you can set the path of your directory that has to be displayed on your site.